The Gill Family Webpage

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Gather the colony

My university has a great library that is co-owned by Nova Southeastern University and Broward County. As such, they have a wonderful kids' section. Every week I go to the library and get out books for Zoe. She gives me a request ("Mommy, can you get me a monster book, please?") and I try my best to fulfill it. This is awesome because we're really missing the steady stream of books that we used to get in Nashville via the Imagination Library program.

When I don't have a specific request, I just try to pick books that I think sound interesting, and I've found a few really good ones. One in particular is The Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed by Mo Willems. Zoe really took a liking to this one too. It's about a naked mole rat who likes to get dressed (surprisingly enough) and all other naked mole rats make fun of him. They decide to ask the grandpa naked mole rat what he thinks and he tells them to "Gather the colony! I will make a proclamation (about what he thinks about the whole getting dressed idea)!" It's cute, but what's even cuter is Zoe making a proclamation!

video

(Please pardon the appearance of our bedroom. We're still unpacking.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home